Monday, July 27, 2009

Harvest at Habitat Home

Here at Habitat Home I gave up any real attempts at vegetable gardening long ago. I just do not have the time to tend a real vegetable garden. Also, I do not want to have to use any pesticides. I understand that there are good reasons for using pesticides but I do not think (especially with insecticides) that the unknown risks are worth it. Perhaps fencing would work for some of the bigger vegetable pests but for Habitat Home I like the open look. So I do my vegetable gardening in containers. We have a south facing brick patio close to the kitchen where some vegetables are grown in containers. I thought that perhaps they are safer close to the house. But, do you think he ate the whole thing?

1 comment:

  1. I continue to be amazed by the pictures you're able to get. It's as if these little critters pose for you.

    ReplyDelete