Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring Clean Up

One of the first things I try to get done come spring is trash removal.  Living along the river means that when the river floods it brings lots of trash with the flood waters.  Then as the water recedes, the trash is deposited here.  So on this nice sunny day I walked the river trail and the prairie trail picking up everything from bottles to shoes. There is still a tire with rim out there that will require the lawn tractor for removal.  The most prevalent of all, however, is styrofoam - foam cups, foam plates and foam containers.  So I am getting on my soap box here and asking readers to think about styrofoam and what an impact it has on the environment.  I encourage you to consider alternatives to styrofoam NOW, today, on this beautiful sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment