Friday, June 12, 2009

They're Everywhere!

Invasive species that is. Sometimes I feel like all I do is remove plants. The Honeysuckle and Autumn Olives are an all year task and now the yellow clover is blooming. So, that too needs to be removed or cut down. Sometimes I feel like all I do is remove plants! (Oh, I already said that.)

In order to keep from becoming too discouraged about this task, we (Lex and I) have set aside just one day a week when we really go after the Honeysuckle and Autumn Olive. Today was such a day. Lex got out the chain saw and cut down some of the huge honeysuckles and I hauled them away. What a team.

I have come to the realization that this will be something that we do as long as we live here for one is never done with invasive species removal. They're everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment